Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
“Love yourself. This is the essence. Then take your very human imperfections and make beauty anyway.” – Jack Kornfield
Perhaps you are experiencing feelings of anxiety, depression, and grief – feeling vulnerable during difficult times. You may be focused on regrets from your past and fears for your future. You may feel overwhelmed and discouraged.
It is possible to create positive changes to achieve a sense of security and self-confidence.
Together, we can work to develop new ways of thinking and acting, to unblock any barriers to your best mental and physical health. We will determine a treatment plan and interventions tailored to your circumstances and therapeutic goals. I will encourage you to identify your strengths as well as any problems that may be interfering with resilience, your health and wellbeing. I will challenge and support you to feel mindful, authentic and satisfied with life.
As a psychotherapist, I address presenting issues that include disorders of anxiety, panic, depression, grief and loss, persistent mental illness, relationship problems unhealthy family dynamics, conflict resolution, parenting skills, aging, caregiver stress, phase of life transitions, trauma recovery and intercultural relationships.
I have worked in a variety of settings, including several mental health clinics in the Twin Cities, and with a range of diagnoses. Prior to making a mid-life career decision to become a clinical social worker, I had worked for 15 years with underserved populations, including New Americans/immigrants, and with international students and professors on college campuses. I served for five years as Director of Family and Youth Services for a local social service agency.
Professional experience, presentations, teaching
- Taught classes for parents who are separating or divorcing, using Parents Forever curriculum developed at the University of Minnesota
- Provided interventions in the schools using Families and Schools Together (FAST) curriculum designed for at-promise children and their parents to support resilience and academic success
- Presented workshops on compulsive hoarding for the New Mexico State Aging and Long-Term Services Department
- Developed and presented pre-departure and re-entry transition programs for professionals and college students who study and work abroad
- Participated in programs to address international human rights issues
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities campus, Master of Social Work Degree
- Macalester College, St. Paul, MN, B.A. Degree
- Western New Mexico University, Cultural Competency coursework
Professional Affiliation: Minnesota Society for Clinical Social Work
Contact Information: confidential office phone: 651-829-2122