Stephanie Tschida, MS, LMFT
I am a Marriage and Family Therapist with over 30 years of experience, helping my clients address their life concerns individually, within their marriages, family, and other significant relationships. I also work with families in transition due to divorce and blended families. I am licensed in the State of Minnesota and Wisconsin, and at this time, I am seeing my clients through telehealth services. I am happy to talk with you by phone so you can see if we are a good fit for working together.
Here is how I can help you:
You may find yourself experiencing stress and anxiety, depression and low energy, or possibly irritability and anger. You also may experience panic attacks or post traumatic stress, or you may be experiencing lowered self confidence or self worth. Your distress may be the result of issues occurring in your life, such as relationship conflicts, parenting difficulties, work place stress, grief and loss, or other difficult life transitions. Your symptoms may also be the result of trauma, recent or from your past, or perhaps you are in an abusive relationship.
In our work together we will:
- Explore the background of your distress and develop an understanding of your unique situation.
- Design goals that align with how you want to think and feel and the outcomes that you want for your life.
- Develop skills that you can implement on your own to ease the emotional distress that you may be experiencing and to move your life forward.
- Explore ways to resolve the actual concerns in your life, such as relationship difficulty, work or family conflicts, or other issues that may lead to feelings of stress and anxiety or depressed mood.
As your therapist, I bring to our sessions the approaches that are most suited to your situation and the approaches you are also interested in. These approaches include but are not limited to: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mind Body Approaches, Meditation, Mindfulness, and Guided Imagery, Stress Management Strategies, Communication and Family Systems Approaches,
Energy Psychology including Emotional Freedom Techniques
Marriage, Family, and Relationship Therapy:
In your relationships, if you are experiencing a sense of disconnection and loneliness, you are feeling misunderstood, and your attempts to communicate are not getting the outcomes that you want, I can help you:
- Be more effective with solving problems and difficulties within your relationship
- Share your feelings and respond within your relationship in a manner where you feel more understood and there is mutual understanding between the two of you.
- Learn to communicate in ways that leads to enhanced emotional connection with the other person
As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, I bring to our sessions the approaches that are most suited to your situation.
These approaches include but are not limited to: Communication Strategies, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, Imago Therapy and Gottman Approaches,
and Conflict Resolution Interventions.
Families in Transition or after the Transition:
If you are in transition due to separation and/or divorce, or family change, I can help you
- Prepare for the process of change by anticipating what is ahead for yourself and your family.
- While in transition, develop new skills for communicating with your co-parent to best address the needs of the children.
- Assist you and your co-parent with making decisions that best support the needs of the family.
Resolve blended family or step parenting concerns or difficulties
Approaches include: Communication Strategies, Conflict Resolution Strategies, Problem Solving skills, and Co-Parent Communication.
If what you have read interests you, I invite you to read further by visiting my website: www.sltschida.com
Or contact me:
Phone Number: 651-829-6608
Email: [email protected]
Address: 5865 Neal Ave. No., Suite 117
Stillwater, MN 55082