Sondra Decker Fruzzetti Msw Licsw
Sondra Decker Fruzzetti, LICSW
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker/ Psychotherapist
“Love yourself. This is the essence. Then take your very human imperfections and make beauty anyway.” – Jack Kornfield
We all face challenges in life. We strive to feel energetic, satisfied with our achievements, secure in our relationships, and positive about the future. But at times we can feel overwhelmed and discouraged, unable to see clearly how to move forward.
Are you experiencing feelings of anxiety, depression, and grief – feeling vulnerable instead of resilient? Are you focused on regrets from your past and fears for your future?
I believe it is possible to change our ways of thinking and behaving to improve relationships, to access our natural resilience, and to achieve a greater sense of personal security.
If you decide to work with me, we will determine a treatment plan and interventions tailored to your circumstances and therapeutic goals. Together, we will explore how to unblock barriers to your health and wellbeing. I will encourage you to identify and build on your strengths. I will challenge and support you to resolve problems, to live from a more mindful and authentic perspective.
As a psychotherapist, I address presenting issues that include: anxiety, panic, depression, grief and loss, persistent mental illness, relationship problems, unhealthy family dynamics, conflict resolution, parenting skills, aging, caregiver stress, phase of life transitions, trauma recovery and intercultural relationships.
I have worked in a variety of settings, including several mental health clinics in the Twin Cities. Prior to making a mid-life career decision to become a clinical social worker, I had worked for 15 years with underserved populations, including New Americans/ immigrants, and with international students and professors on college campuses. For five years, I was Director of Family and Youth Services for a social service agency.
Additional professional experience, presentations, teaching
- Taught classes for parents who are separating or divorcing
- Provided interventions in the schools with curriculum for children and parents designed to support resilience and academic success
- Presented pre-departure and re-entry transition programs for professionals and college students who study and work abroad
- Presented programs to address international human rights issues
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Master of Social Work Degree
- Western New Mexico University, Cultural Competency coursework
- Macalester College, St. Paul, MN, B.A. Degree