Stephanie Tschida Ms Lmft
I am a Marriage and Family Therapist with over 30 years of experience, helping my clients address their life concerns individually, within their marriages, family, and other significant relationships. I also work with families in transition due to divorce and blended families. I am licensed in the State of Minnesota and Wisconsin, and at this time, I am seeing my clients through telehealth services. I am happy to talk with you by phone so you can see if we are a good fit for working together.
Here is how I can help you:
Individual Therapy :
You may find yourself experiencing stress and anxiety due to challenging life experiences, depression and low energy, or possibly irritability and distress. You also may experience panic attacks or post traumatic stress, or lowered self confidence or self worth. Your distress may be the result of issues occurring in your life, such as relationship conflicts, parenting difficulties, work place stress, grief and loss, or other difficult life transitions. Your symptoms may also be the result of trauma, recent or from your past.
In our work together we will:
- Explore the background of your distress and develop an understanding of your unique situation.
- Design goals that align with the outcomes that you want for your life.
- Develop skills that you can implement on your own to ease the emotional distress that you may be experiencing and to help move your life forward in the way that you wish.
- Explore ways to resolve the actual concerns in your life, such as relationship difficulty, work or family conflicts, or other issues that may lead to feelings of stress and anxiety or depressed mood.
As your therapist, I bring to our sessions the approaches that are most
suited to your situation and the approaches you are also interested in.
These approaches include but are not limited to: Cognitive Behavioral
Therapy, Mind Body Approaches, Meditation, Mindfulness, and Guided
Imagery, Stress Management Strategies, Energy Psychology Approaches, Communication and Family Systems
Marriage, Family, and Relationship Therapy :
In your relationships, if you are experiencing a sense of disconnection and loneliness, you are feeling misunderstood, and your attempts to communicate are not getting the outcomes that you want, I can help you:
- Develop strategies that help you communicate more effectively and resolve conflicts within your relationship
- Express your feelings in a meaningful way and develop new relationship patterns that result in mutual understanding within the relationship and of one another.
- Learn to communicate in ways that leads to enhanced emotional connection within the relationship.
As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, I bring to our sessions approaches that are most suited to your situation. This includes Emotionally Focused Therapy, Gottman approaches, and other communication interventions.
Families in Transition or after the Transition :
If you are in transition due to separation and/or divorce, or family change, I can help you
- Prepare for the process of change by anticipating what is ahead for yourself and your family.
- While in transition or after the divorce, develop new skills for communicating with your co-parent to best address the needs of the children.
- Assist you and your co-parent with making decisions that best support the needs of the family.
- Resolve blended family or step parenting concerns or difficulties
Approaches include: Communication Strategies, Conflict Resolution
Strategies, Problem Solving skills, and Co-Parent Communication.
If you are interested in what you read and would like to talk with me, please contact me by phone or email
Phone Number: 651-829-6608
Email: [email protected]
Mailing Address: 5865 Neal Ave. No., #117, Stillwater, MN 55082